Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bad TV Brings Friends Together

The following is a real email exchange with my LA BFF regarding the Style Network show Ruby*:

From: Josie
To: LA BFF
I am watching an episode of Ruby where she visits LA.  Her LA best friend is named Brittany.  I immediately recognized her as Brittany Daniel**, one half of the duo of twins that played Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield on the Sweet Valley High TV series.
I don't know what's weirder; that she's Ruby's LA BFF or that there is a part of my brain occupied by knowing who Brittany Daniel is.

From: LA BFF
To: Josie
Dude!  I thought that's who it was!  Thanks for confirming!

From: Josie
To: LA BFF
HAHAHAHAHA.  I'm love that I am not the only person on the planet who knows these things.

So there!  My love of bad TV isn't just a frivolous pastime!  It provides opportunities to connect with friends in faraway lands!  Thanks, Ruby!

*Ruby is a lovely little show about a Savannah, Georgia woman's journey to lose weight.  She once weighed 700 pounds and is now down to less then 350.  Her goal is to weigh 150.  It's on Sunday nights, which makes it a no-go for my overcrowded DVR, so I catch it in reruns.  Whenever I do see it, I love it.  It's The Biggest Loser for normal people with no Trainer Bob product placement.  However, it does feature the same amount of weeping, both by people on screen and those watching.

**IMDB tells me that Brittany Daniel is credited as a consulting executive producer on Ruby.  Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment