Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Taste is relative.

There are some things I have really good taste in.

For example: shoes, earrings, friends, books, desserts.

But there is one big thing I have really, really bad taste in. And that one thing is the thing that keeps my DVR the busiest, the thing I possibly spend the most of my downtime partaking of, the thing I spend the most time reading recaps of online.

My name is Josie, and I am addicted to bad reality TV.

You name it, I'll watch it. 16 and Pregnant - check. Teen Mom - obviously. Real Housewives - I'll take two (preferably New York and New Jersey). America's Next Top Model - fierce. Jersey Shore - fist pump. Kell on Earth - could I love Kelly Cutrone more?

19 Kids and Counting, The Little Couple, Ruby, Flipping Out, Be Good Johnny Weir, Rachel Zoe Project - you make a series about real people doing something kind of cool, chances are I'll watch it. However, even I have limits. I won't watch any Bachelor/Bachelorette or Big Brother franchise, I haven't watched Survivor since 2001, and Project Runway just isn't the same on Lifetime.

And what better place to share my dirty little secret and talk about all the shows I hate that I love?

Hey, The Amazing Race wins Emmy awards. It can't be that bad, right?

3 comments:

  1. TODDLERS AND TIARAS. I love that show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. The grandmother of Toddlers and Tiaras is this totally amazing HBO documentary Living Dolls. Rich at FourFour has some amazing posts about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a natural, Jojo. Thanks for giving all of us closet-reality consumers with discerning tastes (PR, yes. Models of the Runway, no.) a place to come together.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete